The Bridge Center relies on paid and volunteer staff to support all of its programs and operations.
In addition to our year-round professional staff, we hire a strong team of counselors and instructors both year-round and during the Summer.
Are you a NEW staff person or volunteer? Start Here!
If you are a Current Staff/Volunteer - Click here!
Current Job Openings:
40 hours per week to be scheduled Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:30PM. Included in the 40 hours are evening and weekend hours for program oversight and direct support.
October 1, 2014
Responsible for all phases of a community-based therapeutic recreation program. Implement programs and provide direct support as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop, oversee and evaluate a variety of year-round recreational and social programs, which will include the areas of sports, the arts, social/leisure, outings, travel, life skills, special events and family programs.
2. Develop recreation and life skills activities for people with disabilities of all ages and abilities.
3. Develop and maintain relationships and collaborative programming with existing community resources such as: YMCAs, municipal recreation departments, school systems, athletic clubs, faith communities, etc.
4. Work cooperatively with families to identify need areas, locate resources, and develop programs.
5. Responsible for collaborating with the Development Coordinator to anticipate grant opportunities.
6. Responsible for community outreach to people with disabilities, their families, schools, and other organizations.
7. Organize and oversee the development of a Special Olympics program within the first year.
8. Compose newsletter information, brochures, and special events flyers monthly.
9. Responsible for public speaking engagements to help enhance the program in a variety of ways (financial, staffing, public education).
10. Coordinate intake assessments for all Bridge Center participants prior to their involvement in any Bridge Center program.
11. Responsible for overseeing program rosters to assure that participants are in programs that
12. Responsible for observing each program that is running to assure program success.
13. Develop a system for documenting intake assessments within registration program, Camp Minder.
14. Oversee the implementation of program evaluations compiling results quarterly.
15. Develop a network of community resources and volunteers for recreational programs.
16. Attend all required staff meetings.
1. To screen, interview and hire staff for recreational activities.
2. To supervise all recreational staff including year round and summer camp staff.
3. Assure all staff are CORI/SORI/NSOPW checked.
4. Maintain participant, program and financial documents and records in collaboration with the Office Manager.
5. Responsible for understanding Camp Minder registration system and its uses.
1. Responsible for the hiring and management of all year round and summer camp staff.
2. Responsible for working with parents to assure that proper support staff are in place for each class.
3. Responsible for staff trainings.
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Therapeutic Recreation, Occupational Therapy, or Recreation Management preferred.
2. CTRS preferred.
3. 2-4 years experience working directly with people with disabilities required.
1. Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing recreation/leisure activities for people with disabilities.
2. Demonstrated supervisory experience of paid and volunteer staff.
3. Must have a valid driver’s license.
4. Must complete and pass CORI/SORI/NSOPW
5. Must be certified in CPR and first aid.
Position open until filled. All interested applicants should send their cover letter, resume, and two letters of recommendation to:
470 Pine Street
Bridgewater, MA 02324
Posted on 9/2/2014