Equine Assisted Programs
Hello Riding Families,
We are excited to announce that registration for Summer 2016 riding programs will be opening on Wednesday, June 8th!
Please make note of the following summer session dates. Please note that all dates are subject to change:
June 8th Summer Riding Registration Opens
June 27th Summer Riding Begins
July 3rd-4th TBC Closed for 4th of July
August 27th Summer Riding Ends
August 29th-September 3rd Make up week
September 4th-18th Horse’s Vacation
Please bear with us this summer as we are in the midst of some big changes here at the barn. We are currently in the process of retiring many of our older horses to make room for some new, younger horses in our program. During this change, we will have limited availability for our summer riding programs. We appreciate your patience as we go through this change. We will make every effort to accommodate as many riders as possible.
Please take note that this summer, we will be offering fewer riding programs here at the barn.
• Carriage Driving will NOT be offered during the Summer of 2016. Banner, our wonderful driving horse is retiring this summer. TBC staff is in the process of searching for a new driving horse to begin in the fall.
• Hippotherapy waitlists are closed. Due to the number of participants on the hippotherapy waitlists, we will not be accepting additional applicants at this time.
Please note the following important changes in eligibility for TBC riding programs. Rider requirements are put in place to assure the safety of participants as well as the staff and animals that support them. To that end, the below list of rider physical requirements is not all encompassing and may change based on the herd and staff availability. Due to policy changes, riders that have been eligible for riding in the past must now meet the below standards to qualify for the program.
• For all programs, participants over 50 lbs. must be able to sit independently on the vaulting barrel and balance themselves by holding on to the handle with one hand.
• For participants with Trisomy 21, the minimum age for eligibility in our hippotherapy program has been increased to 4 years due to the new standards for atlantoaxial instability x-rays.
• Our maximum weight limit for all equine programs has been reduced to 170 lbs.
• A participant’s eligibility for The Bridge Center programs is subject to change based on availability of an appropriate horse, and availability of staff and volunteers to support them. Past eligibility for mounted or unmounted equine activities or therapies at The Bridge Center does not guarantee eligibility for any future sessions
Please keep in mind that the final decision regarding eligibility for our programs ultimately falls to the therapist or instructor, and Riding Center Director. The above listed guidelines are in place to assist in assuring that a participant will be able to safely ride; however, meeting these guidelines does not guarantee acceptance into any of our programs.
Please continue checking The Bridge Center website for updates on programs and registration dates. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact me and I will be happy to help. We look forward to having you ride with us!
Caitlin Chlosta, Riding Center Director
508-697-7557, ext. 11
*In the event that your child is not able to attend any of the programs, or expect a delay arrival, please call The Bridge Center's cancellation line at 508-697-7557 ext. 14 and leave a message.
Enjoy this wonderful video made by Comcast - describing the benefits of Equine Assisted Therapy. Comcast Cares Video of The Bridge Center
Payment and Refund Policies
Interested in Bridge Center Apparel? click here
My son really enjoyed camp this year and was sad that it was ending! We are excited to continue exploring the great programs at The Bridge Center!
- Summer Camper parent